Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Clemyjontri Park

On Monday I took my kiddos to Clemyjontri Park in McLean, VA. It was our first time at the park and we had an amazing time. I had heard a lot of raves about the park but I had been putting it off and just keeping to my favorite local parks. Well I am so glad that we went on our little adventure. We had so much fun there. The park is quite large, with lots of play areas and a carousel in the center. The carousel wasn't running while we were there. Right now it is open on weekends until the summer season when it will also be open through the week. There is something there for kids of all ages and abilities. It was designed so "children who use wheelchairs, walkers or braces, or who have sensory or developmental disabilities can have a parallel playground experience of fun and exploration" (from their website). There are swings, a maze, large playgrounds, and a racetrack to name a few of the play areas. It is a treasure! If you haven't taken the little ones in your life there you should definitely plan a trip. Be sure to pack a lunch or snack. They have a a wonderful picnic pavilion (which can be reserved for parties) and with all that playing you're going to get a little hungry. Enjoy! --Sally


I grabbed these three images from the park website.




There is a rubberized road/track all through the play areas. Some of the older kids brought their bikes and had a great time racing all over it. They have these cute road signs to help them learn the rules of the road.

2 comments:

Julie Rivera said...

My goodness, that really knocks the socks off Super Park in Hawaii...but did you have Gobstoppers with you?!

Karyn Hatch said...

I'm so glad ya'll had fun at this park...it's great!