Friday, May 16, 2008

Zoofari 2008 | Tasty Delights!

Last night my husband and I attended the National Zoo's annual Zoofari. It was our first year attending, and I think we may make it an annual event. It was a great way to sample many of DC's finest restaurants and some tasty wines too. Here's a sampling of images from the night:

The strawberry shortcakes from Clyde's.


The Palm had the biggest lobsters I have ever seen. They also had the longest line of people waiting for food. This guy's name is Ted.

And this is Curt. Apparently they can feed about 10 people each!

Nitrogen-infused raspberry sorbet from Butterfield 9.
I can't remember who made this tuna, but I though it was lovely.
One restaurant featured frog legs, which was pretty funny since the theme was for this year was "Frogs & Friends". :)
Sam & Harry's offered mini-burgers.

Bobby Van's had steak with melted gorgonzola cheese on top.

A couple of things to remember for next year:
--Get there on time. Food starts running out around 8pm. My beloved Buzz Bakery was out of cupcakes by the time we got to their table.
--Wear comfortable shoes!
--Come hungry!

No comments: